Punjab released 17.28 crore as its share in Shahnehar irrigation project in Kangra

    0
    15

    Dharmshala: The Punjab Govt. has released an amount of Rs. 17.28 Crore as its share in ambitious Shahnehar irrigation project being implemented in Kangra district. This was disclosed by  Ravinder Sing Ravi, Irrigation and Public Health Minister while addressing a press conference.

    He said that the construction work of the project would be completed by March, 2011. It will irrigate more than 15287 hect. of land in 93 villages falling in Indora and Fatehpur tehsil of Kangra district. He said that as per the initial estimate the total cost of the project was 143 Crore in year 1997, but due to delay in construction work during the regime of Congress and acceleration in the prices the total cost has gone upto Rs. 310 Crore as per the revised estimate.

    Ravinder Ravi said due to the sincere efforts of Chief Minister Prof. PK Dhumal, centre govt. has sanctioned the entire project under AIBP under which 90% share of total project would be given as grant and remaining 10% would be born by the Punjab and HP govt.

    He also disclosed that Centre govt. has released an amount of Rs. 1.56 Crore as first installment for the implementation of JALMANI project to provide potable drinking water in all educational institutions of the Pradesh. He said centre govt. has ranked HP at first position in implementation of JALMANI project in the country.  Under the project aqua guard machines would be installed in all the schools of the state.