President of India to preside over two-day Conference of Governors on February 9 & 10
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee will preside over a two day Conference of Governors on February 9 and 10, 2016 at Rashtrapati Bhavan. This is the 47th such Conference to be held in Rashtrapati Bhavan and the fourth Conference to be presided over by President Mukherjee.
Twenty-three Governors and two Lt. Governors of the States and Union Territories will attend the Conference. The Vice President; Prime Minister; Union Ministers of Home Affairs, External Affairs, Finance, Urban Development, Defence, Human Resource Development; Minister of State (I/C) of Ministry of Labour and Employment, Minister of State (I/C) of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Minister of State (I/C) of Development of North Eastern Region, Minister of State (I/C) of Commerce and Industry; Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog and National Security Advisor will also participate.
The Conference will deliberate on the following agenda items:
1. Security- Internal and External with special focus on terrorism and insurgency activities;
2. Creating jobs for youths: special focus on skill development for school dropouts;
3. Implementation of flagship programmes of the Government like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Housing for all by 2022 and Smart Cities; 4. Improving quality of Higher Education;
5. Giving impetus to â€œMake in Indiaâ€ programme and employability and
6. Act East Policy and development of North Eastern Region.