BY | February 2, 2012

By S Ahmad (NVONews.Com)

Patna: The conspirators and culprits of murder of four innocent lives in Bhajanpur village under Forbesganj Block of Araria are trying to buy time and the victims. They were killed in police firing after the villagers had brought down a wall constructed by a starch products company. Several others were injured. The deceased included a seven months old boy and a pregnant woman. This wall was constructed with the help and might of local police.

The time they have got as the Nitish Kumar led Bihar government extended the Justice Madhvendra Sharan commission to inquire into the police firing in Bhajanpur on the 3rd of June last year. A video showing one policeman on a dying young man had brought the police brutalities in the village into nation’s notice.

During this period continuous attempt have been made by the persons which include BJP MLC, his sons and others accused in this case who are connected to the Auro Sundram Company to win over the victims’ families. There are reports suggesting that the families of victims are being allured to get into some sort of understanding and withdraw the cases with a compromise petition.

Noted rights activist Medha Patkar was recently in Araria district and met Bhajanpur people. She was startled to know the accused persons are exerting pressure with money power to give their consent to build the controversial wall and withdraw the cases.

Patkar has now written to the National Commission for Minorities that the situation in the area is tense as there is yet another attempt to build a wall which would block the all important passage. This passage is in use for decades which provides the only way to the Block office, main market and Eidgah etc.

Patkar has sent an email informing the NCM that there is a widespread fear in the area. She has said the day she had gone there administration was trying to facilitate a settlement where the only road to the village would be handed over to the company.

Medha has written that ‘the progressive state has relieved its responsibility by appointing one person committee.

Social activist Naiyyer Fatmi who has been quite instrumental in taking the case of the victims say that this commission has visited only once to the area and is still meet anyone of the victims family. He says that commission was still in need of furniture and other necessary things to precede its work properly. He says it took four months for the Bihar government to provide an office to the commission.

There is case pending in the Supreme Court for a CBI inquiry into the Forbesganj police firing. The Apex court has asked the Bihar government to submit its reply.

Chairman of NCM Mr. Wajahat Habibullah has accused Bihar government of using the institution of judicial commission as an excuse to cover complete inaction on any of the recommendations made by NCM.

This commission was given six months time to complete its report, so, it has to submit this by 22nd December 2011. But after 22nd December 2011, there was no communication

RELATED

Guwahati/Shillong, Oct 1 (IANS) Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Wednesday visited the flood-hit areas of Assam and Meghalaya and assured the two states of all possible help to deal with the crisis and ensure relief and rehabilitation. The minister said the central...

Incheon, Oct 1 (IANS) India's Tintu Luka narrowly lost out on a gold medal and had to settle for the silver in the women's 800m final while Annu Rani bagged a surprise bronze in women's javelin throw at the 17th Asian Games here Wednesday. However, the biggest disappointment...

New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) National Cadet Corps (NCC), North Eastern Region, entered the semi-finals of the Under-17 girls section in the 55th Subroto Cup Football Tournament, defeating Carmel Girls High School, Jharkhand, 2-0 at the Ambedkar Stadium here Wednesday. NCC scored...

New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) Dozens of municipal workers were busy Wednesday sprucing up Valmiki Colony, a settlement of poor, once-outcast Dalits where Mahatma Gandhi once dwelt, and now home to 300 families, mostly sweepers and those involved in menial cleaning jobs. The workers...

Damascus, Oct 1 (IANS) At least 18 civilians, most of them children, were killed and over 56 others wounded in twin bombings that rocked Syria's central province of Homs Wednesday, the state-run SANA news agency reported. The militants detonated a car bomb in front of the New...