Amanda Peterson cause of death mystery finally solved: Read What was behind her death
Amanda Petersonâ€™s death was a mystery that many said was sort of unprecedented. For two days no one had any clue about the actress who actually started her Hollywood career at just 8 years of age. But she had started doing stage appearance much earlier when she was only seven years old.
Her body might have remained untraced for some more time had it not been for a planned family dinner that created suspicions in the minds of her family members.
She had promised to be there, but neither she appeared on the occasion, not she called anyone to let them know that she was not coming. When her mobile phone remained untraced, her family members reached out to authorities and her body was recovered from her home. The body was already two days old when discovered on July 5. Later reports confirmed that she had passed away at least two days earlier.
Now as the autopsy report is out, it has been confirmed that the 43-year old actress actually died of drug overdose. Report from the Weld county coronerâ€™s office in Colorado has concluded that the substances found in Petersonâ€™s system following a post-mortem examination included pain relief substance gabapentin, the anti-anxiety medication benzodiazepine, the anti-psychotic drug phenothiazine, and opiates and marijuana.
Experts went on to claim that the actress was actually â€œnaive to opiatesâ€, consequently judged her death to be a result of a â€œmorphine effectâ€ which caused respiratory failure.
It is being said that the actress who was not finding many meaningful roles these days was probably self-medicating to control pain, according to the toxicology report. There are rumors of her telling one of her friends that she had obtained morphine-based medicines from friends.