London, (IANS) Drying clothes indoors could cause health problems, particularly to those prone to asthma, hay fever and other allergies, say researchers.
A study found many homes in Britain had too much moisture indoors and up to 30 percent of this was caused by laundry, the Daily Mail reported Friday.
The researchers said three-quarters of homes surveyed had moisture levels that could lead to dust mite growth and were at risk of increased concentration of mould spores.
The reduction in air quality has been tied to asthma and other allergic conditions.
The researchers are now calling for the return of communal drying areas to try and alleviate the problem.