Samsung Galaxy Nexus ban has been lifted temporarily. There are indications that Samsung Galaxy S3 may be the next Apple target. Meanwhile Apple has time till Thursday to present its argument as to why the ban shouldn’t be lifted permanently
There is a good new for both Google and Samsung. Their one of the top rated smartphone Galaxy Nexus – the first to come with Android Ice Cream Sandwich –can be sold in the market as the ban has been lifted by Federal Appeals Court. This was unexpected given the fact that the same court had refused to revoke the ban in the case of Samsung Galaxy tablet.
There were reports that Google and Samsung were trying to come with some tricks that can get the ban revoked. One of these tricks was updating the OS to latest showcased Android 4.1 Jelly Beans. Google said that this would remove the objections that were put forward by Apple while seeking ban.
But Google seems to be lucky as the Appeal Courts has given it reprieve and has allowed the sale of Galaxy Nexus in the US market once again.
South Korean tech giant Samsung moved the Federal Appeal court following the ban. The court ruled saying that the preliminary injunction on sale of Galaxy Nexus in United States set by a lower court was being scrapped, though temporarily.
All Things D while detailing the verdict says that Apple has time till this coming Thursday to come up with arguments favouring the imposition of ban on Galaxy Nexus. It was one of the best devices when launched in the market late last year. It was also the first smartphone to have come preloaded with Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.
Last month Samsung faced real threat of a ban on its latest and arguably the best smartphone launched by any manufacturer till date. Apple had filed for a ban on it, but failed as the court didn’t ban its sale in the US. Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets recently said that a ban on Galaxy S3 may adversely affect the outlook for Korean tech giant.