It was a busy Thursday for Congress President Sonia Gandhi as she held parleys with her key aides on the ruling United Progressive Alliance’s choice for the July 19 presidential poll. Here’s a sense of what happened on June 14:
* 10.00 a.m. – Sonia Gandhi meets Finance Minister Pranab Mukherje for about 20 minutes at 10 Janpath.
* 10.30 a.m. – Defence Minister A.K. Antony holds talks with her.
* 11.00 a.m. – Home Minister Chidambaram gives her his views on the issue.
* 11.30 a.m. – The ally from the south, DMK’s T.R. Baalu, comes calling.
* 4.30 p.m. – NCP’s Sharad Pawar talks to her for long.
* 5.15 p.m. – Sonia Gandhi reaches Manmohan Singh’s residence for the Congress core committee meeting.
* 6.00 p.m. – The core committee, chaired by Gandhi, meets.
* 7.00 p.m. – Leaders leaving the meeting indicate Congress has made up its mind; name to be announced Friday after the UPA meets.