Reports from Foxconn suggest that Apple’s forthcoming iPhone 5 release date is very close. Earlier it was being anticipated that the highest selling smart phone, Apple’s forthcoming version will be launched in October. But now there are indications that the product may be launched as early as June.
This must be the best news for Apple iPhone 5 fans who were expecting the Cupertino based technology to launch a full-fledged version last year. But the company launched a much improved device, but without any physical changes last October. Instead of iPhone 5, it was called iPhone 4S.
Though during the last few months, it has become the best selling smartphone across the world, but people’s wait for the improved and bigger iPhone continued. Now all indications suggest that technology giant is set to release the forthcoming iPhone version within the next two months.
The new iPhone will be a lot different in looks from its previous versions. iPhone 5 will have a lot bigger display than the existing ones. According to a Reuters report the forthcoming iPhone 5 will have 4.6 inch display than the 3.5 inch display that existing versions have.
Now there are credible reports indicating that the Cupertino based tech giant is releasing its iPhone at least four months earlier than its previously known schedule. A Japanese television station World Business Satellite reports that a Foxconn official told it that the company is expecting to begin iPhone 5 shipping in mid-June. The same source says that Foxconn is recruiting as many as 18000 employees to work on the next iPhone 5.
Meanwhile another report suggests that Foxconn has been working on building a new manufacturing facility in Tai Yuan. The new facility is expected to house around 18000 employees that the company is recruiting. Foxconn manufactures about 85 percent of all iPhone that Apple sells across the world. The other 15 percent iPhone handsets are manufactured by other small manufacturers. Apple sells close to 60 million handsets annually.