New Delhi: The Union Minister of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways, Thiru T.R. Baalu has approved seven road repair works at a total cost of Rs. 57.02 crore under the Central Road Fund (CRF) Scheme in the State of Punjab.
The approval has been granted for the following seven works in different parts of the State:
• A sum of Rs. 1447.44 lakh has been sanctioned for improvement and upgradation of Barnala-Mansa Road in the section Handiaya to Hari Singh Wala Road of State Highway (SH)-13 in Barnala district.
• An amount of Rs. 181.15 lakh has been approved for construction of High Level Bridge at km. 3 and an amount of Rs. 263.86 lakh for another bridge at km. 5 on Derabassi Barwala road of SH-9 in SAS Nagar.
• An amount of Rs. 1870.18 lakh has been approved for strengthening of Patiala-Gulah-Cheeka Road of Major District Road (MDR)-25 in Patiala district.
• An amount of Rs. 795.55 lakh has been approved for widening and strengthening of Batala-Fatehgarh-Churioan Road and Aliwala Approaches of MDR-63 in Gurdaspur district.
• An amount of Rs. 486.57 lakh has been approved for widening and strengthening of Bhatinda-Talwandi-Sabo-Rori-Sardulewala Road SH-17 in Mansa district.
• An amount of Rs. 657.16 lakh has been approved for widening and strengthening of Rajkot-Barnala-Mansa-Sirsa Road of SH-13 in Bhatinda district.